Construction Safety Training System (CSTS)
All employees must have CSTS prior to being hired on
CSTS is a computer interactive video-based safety program and is compulsory in Alberta.
- You can elect to do the course from a remote location such as your home, library etc.
- CSTS course will take approximately 6-8 hours to complete.
- Does not need to be done in one continuous sitting
- Local 146 has ten (10) computers in our Edmonton training department should you choose to do the CSTS course here.
The computer-based safety training courses are offered at the Boilermaker Learning Center. They are offered Monday through Friday. These courses are only provided for Members.
If you are a member of Local 146 and you need to do safety training please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Contact Tanya by email at email@example.com or by calling our Training center at (780) 451-5992 Ext. 257. You will need to provide the following:
• A valid e-mail address
• First name, last name and date of birth
Step 2: Following registration an e-mail will be sent to the email address that you provided with
a link to start your CSTS.
Step 3: Do the course and complete the Exam.
Step 4: Email or call Tanya (see contact info in Step 1) to advice her you have completed the exam.
Step 5: Tanya will email you a confirmation letter. You will need to bring this letter to the jobsite.
* If you are a permit or travel card that needs CSTS please contact the ACSA at 780-453-3311 or www.acsa-safety.org
▪ All other safety courses are site and contractor specific and will be given on the jobsite upon being hired.