- June 2014 -
Spring 2014 Work Picture
NEW CONSTRUCTION/MAINTENANCE & SHUTDOWNS
As of these writings the rumour list only reflects a portion of what is anticipated for the spring of 2014. In the next few weeks please keep checking back as we will be adding to the list as more information becomes available regarding other sites in the province.
The need for Alberta B Pressure welders is still a continuing trend. Recent changes to the ABSA Initial B-Pressure exam now allows welders to complete the Initial B-Pressure exam using Carbon TIG Root instead of a 6010 Root. For more information on obtaining this ticket members can contact the learning centre at 780-451-5992 x248 or check the course calendar. Click on the following links for more information. Alberta Journeyman Welders Out of Province Welders
NON-MEMBER DISPATCH PROCESS
In late February we revamped our dispatching process for Non-Members to make it easier for them to bid on work and to market themselves nationally. Click here for more information.
Refer to the following links for helpful information:
- Hours of Work, Pay Grid and General Info
- Travel Assistance Protocol (TAP)
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS)
- Pre-Access Drug & Alcohol Test
- Standard requirement for employment
- Red Arrow Motorcoach Schedule and Fares
- Pride and Progress - Travelcard and non-members
- Alberta B Pressure ticket qualification - Qualifying and transferring pressure tickets to Alberta standards