Boilermakers Lodge 146

Out of Province Welder

Are you a welder from another province interested in working in Alberta as a Pressure Welder? You may be able to apply for a reciprocal Alberta Grade B-Pressure Certificate through ABSA. ABSA is authorized by the Alberta Government for the administration and delivery of safety programs related to boilers, pressure vessels and pressure piping and certifications in Alberta.  To find out if you meet the requirements please check the link below:

Do I Qualify as a Pressure Welder in Alberta?

ABSA Out of Province Welder Application Form


How to apply for your BC Class A Pressure Ticket Certification

All Alberta Pressure Welders looking to work in BC are now required to obtain a Reciprocal Class A Pressure Certificate of Qualification from Technical Safety Authority BC (TSA), as well as acquire a BC Welders Logbook from  Industry Training Authority (ITA). To apply for this ticket and obtain a Logbook, please click the links below and complete the application forms. 


Please follow application instructions carefully and note fees may apply. Applicants will be required to provide a coloured copy of either your ABSA Initial B Pressure Ticket or welder trade qualification with or without a Red Seal Endorsement. Additionally, you will be required to provide a valid F3/F4 or F6/F4 welding ticket. To obtain your Blank Welders Log Book, you will need to provide two passport sized photos (digital or printed) and valid ID with application.


  1. Class A Pressure Welder Certificate of Qualification – Outside Of BC Application Form



  1. Request for Document Replacement (Blank Welders Logbook) Application Form


Additional Information: